In the latest CIO Chartbook, CIGP explore some of the major risks facing markets:
- High inflation continues to bite. Aggressive rate hikes by the Fed aim to tame prices, but recession fears are rising. The Fed faces a delicate balancing act.
- Another oil shock may be brewing as underinvestment and supply issues collide. This threatens to further fuel inflation.️
- China's economy remains in troubled waters due to its zero-covid policy and property market weaknesses. Meanwhile, India's economy continues to chart a strong course.
- Housing activity in the US is dropping anchor as affordability erodes and buyers retreat.
- Buckle up for more volatility and uncertainty as markets navigate these headwinds.
- The strong dollar is causing havoc for emerging markets. Think capital flight and soaring import costs.
- Europe faces an uncertain winter as the energy crisis fans inflation risks. Consumers and businesses are battening down the hatches.
- Global growth is losing steam as central banks tighten policy. Recession risks are rising.